Contains many performance improvements as well as private chat rooms support.
There’s also a JAR version which is supposed to run on Linux ARM64 and OSX ARM64 too. Since I don’t have the hardware to test, your feedback is welcome.
Update: the JAR doesn’t seems to work. Missing JavaFX native libraries for some reasons. Use the installer instead.
List of changes:
Chat UI improvements
- chat rooms with unread messages are highlighted
- scrollback buffer fixes
- unseen chat rooms are removed after a while
General UI improvements
- visible error messages when there’s a startup problem
- peer window only shows connected locations instead of all of them
- improved ‘add certificate’ window
- add user timeout support in chat rooms
- faster syncing for distributed chat
- improved identity transfers reliability
- add private chats rooms with invitation support
- faster connection to a peer by using the best connection first
- smaller packaging by only bundling needed native libraries
- added JAR version: needs a local JDK 17 and runs on all supported architectures + Linux ARM64 and OSX ARM64
Head over to Github to download it.